Indeed Innovation is looking for an Electrical Design Engineer (f/m/d). We welcome creative and ambitious minds who want to be part of our journey to create innovations that go beyond human-focused values and offer planet-centric interventions.
As an Electrical Design Engineer (f/m/d) in our software & hardware development team at Indeed A Labs you will design, develop, build and test electrical systems for early prototypes and mass market consumer & IoT products. You will be working with interdisciplinary, multinational teams on awesome projects and engineering challenges.
Who you are
- You are experienced in PCB design and love hacking and making things
- You cover the full chain of designing and building hardware prototypes: From circuit design, layouting, sourcing, to assembly, testing and debugging
- You have a hands-on work ethic with the ability to quickly prototype ideas and concepts using everything from pencil & paper to breadboard & microprocessors
- You have a maker attitude, you are learning and iterating fast and are quality driven.
- You find innovative solutions, are detail oriented and have an analytical mindset.
Experience and Qualifications
- 2+ years professional and/or hobbyist experience in hardware design
- Degree in Electrical engineering or similar
- Experienced with PCB design software such as Altium Designer / KiCad or similar
- Knowledge about circuit design, simulation and dimensioning of components
- In-depth knowledge about microprocessors, sensors, communication protocols and hardware interfaces
- Knowledge in RF design, certification and EMC is a plus
- Proficiency in English
What you’ll do
- Work closely together in interdisciplinary teams of designers, engineers and developers
- Design PCBs for physical products for the mass market
- Build early product prototypes and concepts
- Test hardware for various parameters such as safety, reliability and performance, including documentation
- Collaborate with suppliers and internal teams on component sourcing and preparing a bill of materials
- Cooperate with multiple partners in an agile environment
What to expect in our Hamburg Office
- An inspiring work environment located in the heart of Hamburg, one of Germany’s most lovable cities
- International and warm-hearted colleagues paired with an open project team structure and more team spirit than hierarchies
- High-end IT equipment and tools of your choice, free German courses, individual training budget and unlimited books
- Lots of opportunities for professional growth as you will be challenged in every field of engineering and deeply involved in every stage of product development from concept to production
- Company sponsored pension scheme and a company bike
- Obligatory barista coffee, fresh fruit and yoga classes
- Possibility to work from home
We are one but not the same.
At Indeed Innovation we give all our colleagues the opportunity to bring their whole selves to work and we strive for an environment where everyone feels included, respected, and empowered. Indeed Innovation is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
We welcome your difference and actively seek applications from underrepresented groups.
Indeed Innovation, a multicultural team of designers, engineers, and strategists helps fortune 500 companies, SMEs, public institutions, and startups to innovate for the circular economy. As an ecological-minded group of thinkers & doers, we recode innovation to improve the behavior of individuals and businesses for a sustainable future.
People & Culture