UI Designer (f/m/d)
Indeed Innovation is looking for a UI Designer (f/m/d). We welcome creative and ambitious minds who want to be part of our journey to create innovations that go beyond human-focused values and offer planet-centric interventions.
As a UI Designer (f/m/d) at Indeed you will work on primarily interface design and design systems as well as visual storytelling regarding sustainable circular products, services, and business models. You will be a part of our interdisciplinary teams of designers, developers, engineers, and strategists to achieve innovative and circular design solutions. The ideal candidate combines relevant UI skills and digital design capabilities to help execute UXUI design deliverables for an ongoing client project and internal initiatives.
Who you are
- A master of UX principles and UI design practices who has the ability to balance functional design with an emotional impact
- An advocate for inclusive design practices that consider human diversity and different perspectives
- Knowledgeable about color theory, typography, interaction design, responsive design, and other digital design principles
- Experienced in creating hands-on wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Sensitive to visual aesthetics and skilled in high-quality execution
- Familiar with current design standards and the latest trends
- Open to direct communication and feedback and are willing to contribute to team collaboration
What you’ll do
- Create smart visual UI design for layout styles, navigational/interactive elements (e.g., scrollbars, buttons), form fields, color scheme, etc., focusing on intuitive user interaction
- Develop UI concepts that define the page structure, functional specifications, content layout, etc. considering user needs and workflows
- Translate wireframes into easy-to-use, engaging, and visually appealing design languages incorporating interaction and visual design principles, typography, color theory, and brand style guide
- Support in the creation of wireframes, rapid prototyping, information architecture, and workflow and use case translation
- Conceptualize UXUI design with consistent and intuitive architecture and visual design
- Incorporate design systems and user research data, user requirements, and client feedback (usability testing, interview, etc.)
- Iterate through a design loop that includes developing mockups and interactive prototypes to ensure effective design development
- Translate corporate design language into UI elements and visual expressions
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in UI Design, Graphic Design, Communication Design, or related field
- Relevant UI/UX experience in web and mobile design (motion is a plus)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, XD, InVision, Axure, Principle, Zeplin, Abstract, etc.
- Experience in front-end development (knowledge in HTML, Java, CSS, etc.) is a big plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Proficiency German and English
- A valid EU work permit is mandatory
What to expect in our Hamburg Office
- An inspiring work environment located in the heart of Hamburg, one of Germany’s most lovable cities
- International and warm-hearted colleagues paired with an open project team structure and more team spirit than hierarchies
- High-end IT equipment of your choice, free German courses, individual training budget, and unlimited books
- Company sponsored pension scheme and a company bike
- Obligatory barista coffee, fresh fruit, and yoga classes
We are one but not the same.
At Indeed Innovation we give all our colleagues the opportunity to bring their whole selves to work and we strive for an environment where everyone feels included, respected, and empowered. Indeed Innovation is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
We welcome your difference and actively seek applications from underrepresented groups.
Indeed Innovation, a multicultural team of designers, engineers, and strategists helps fortune 500 companies, SMEs, public institutions, and startups to innovate for the circular economy. As an ecological-minded group of thinkers & doers, we recode innovation to improve the behavior of individuals and businesses for a sustainable future.
People & Culture