Product Design Engineer (f/m/d)
Indeed Innovation is looking for a Product Design Engineer (f/m/d). We welcome strategic and creative minds who want to be part of our journey to create circular innovations that go beyond human-focused values and offer planet-centric interventions.
As a Product Design Engineer (all genders welcome) at Indeed, you will take on a broad range of tough and exciting challenges in engineering and design to create a better future for everyone. You will be involved in every step of product development from research and conception all the way to production.
- An engineering & design hybrid with a „Swiss Army Knife“ skill profile – T-shaped, pie-shaped, comb-shaped, the more, the better
- A sharp analytical mind with creative problem-solving skills
- Willing and able to get to the bottom of things and apply your insights successfully
- Fast and hands-on with the ability to prototype ideas and concepts using everything from cardboard & hot glue to mill & lathe or breadboard & microprocessors
- Experienced in high-fidelity 3D-CAD design
- Knowledgeable or interested in sustainable product design
- Able to communicate effectively with teammates, clients, and production partners
What you’ll do
- Research, strategize, and ideate, creating great ideas and concepts with technical & economic feasibility in mind
- Develop, build, test, optimize, and deliver, taking concepts through Design for Prototype and Design for Manufacture all the way into production
- Work closely with industrial designers
- Learn and grow every day
Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years of work experience in design and development for a multitude of manufacturing processes and materials (e.g. injection molding, metal fabrication, and more)
- Master’s Degree in one engineering field plus knowledge and experience in as many neighboring fields as possible
- Strong CAD skills in SolidWorks, ideally including surfacing
- A keen eye for aesthetics, ergonomics, and functionality, ideally background knowledge in industrial or product design
- Ideally experience in innovation development and contributing in the fuzzy front end and conceptual project stages
- Experience working together with industrial designers is a huge plus
- Any startup experience is a plus
- Proficiency in English (German would be a plus)
- A valid EU work permit is mandatory
What to expect in our Hamburg Office
- An inspiring work environment located in the heart of Hamburg, one of Germany’s most lovable cities
- International and warm-hearted colleagues paired with an open project team structure and more team spirit than hierarchies
- High-end IT equipment of your choice, free German courses, individual training budget, and unlimited books
- Company sponsored pension scheme and a company bike
- Obligatory barista coffee, fresh fruit, and yoga classes
We are one but not the same.
At Indeed Innovation we give all our colleagues the opportunity to bring their whole selves to work and we strive for an environment where everyone feels included, respected, and empowered. Indeed Innovation is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
We welcome your difference and actively seek applications from underrepresented groups.
Indeed Innovation, a multicultural team of designers, engineers, and strategists helps fortune 500 companies, SMEs, public institutions, and startups to innovate for the circular economy. As an ecological-minded group of thinkers & doers, we recode innovation to improve the behavior of individuals and businesses for a sustainable future.
People & Culture