Indeed A Labs is looking for an Embedded Software Developer (f/m/d). We welcome creative and ambitious minds who want to be part of our journey to create innovations that go beyond human-focused values and offer planet-centric interventions.
As an Embedded Software Developer (f/m/d) in our software & hardware development team at Indeed A Labs you will be responsible for the firmware development for various IoT products of our clients. You will be working with interdisciplinary, multinational teams on awesome projects and engineering challenges.
Who you are
- You are a life-long learner who is not only passionate about code but also about building great consumer products
- You have a maker mindset, are learning and iterating fast and are quality driven
- You have a hands-on work ethic with the ability to quickly prototype ideas and concepts using everything from pencil & paper to breadboard & microprocessors
- You find innovative solutions, are detail oriented and have an analytical mindset
What you’ll do
- Work closely together in interdisciplinary teams of designers, engineers and developers
- Develop software for IoT & consumer products
- Build early product prototypes and concepts
- Automate processes and build toolchains
- Collaborate with multiple partners in an agile environment
Experience and Qualifications
- Several years of professional and/or hobbyist experience in software engineering, system architecture design, developing embedded systems and/or IoT products
- Experience in firmware development and building embedded applications in C/C++ on WiFi/BT-enabled microcontrollers (such as ESP32, Realtek, Nordic, TI), sensors, and communication interfaces (such as UART, SPI and I2C)
- Experience with different programming languages (C/C++/Python), code versioning tools (Git) and embedded operating systems (e.g. FreeRTOS)
- Basic knowledge in electrical engineering
- Knowledge about IoT cloud platforms is a plus
- Experience with working in agile development teams
- Proficiency in English
What to expect in our Hamburg Office
- An inspiring work environment located in the heart of Hamburg, one of Germany’s most lovable cities
- International and warm-hearted colleagues paired with an open project team structure and more team spirit than hierarchies
- High-end IT equipment and tools of your choice, free German courses, individual training budget and unlimited books
- Lots of opportunities for professional growth as you will be challenged in every field of engineering and deeply involved in every stage of product development from concept to production
- Company sponsored pension scheme and a company bike
- Obligatory barista coffee, fresh fruit and yoga classes
- Possibility to work from home or remotely
We are one but not the same.
At Indeed Innovation we give all our colleagues the opportunity to bring their whole selves to work and we strive for an environment where everyone feels included, respected, and empowered. Indeed Innovation is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
We welcome your difference and actively seek applications from underrepresented groups.
Indeed Innovation, a multicultural team of designers, engineers, and strategists helps fortune 500 companies, SMEs, public institutions, and startups to innovate for the circular economy. As an ecological-minded group of thinkers & doers, we recode innovation to improve the behavior of individuals and businesses for a sustainable future.
People & Culture