Indeed Innovation is looking for a Director Sustainable Circularity based in the US, ideally New York. We welcome creative and ambitious minds who want to be part of our journey to create circular innovations that go beyond human-focused values and offer planet-centric interventions.
As Director Sustainable Circularity at Indeed you will shape and manage a wide range of projects for our clients, being responsible for identifying and delivering high-impact project opportunities, and engaging a variety of stakeholders. You will be a part of our transdisciplinary and international teams of designers, engineers, and strategists who develop sustainable circular products, services, and business models.
Who you are
- A systems thinker who has experience in applying these skills in a business context
- An open-minded communicator able to create compelling narratives to engage clients and other stakeholders and lead them through change and ambiguity
- An advocate for inclusion who considers human diversity and different perspectives
- An analytical person who is able to process large quantities of quantitative and qualitative information
- Knowledgeable about circular assessment methods and strategic approaches of transformation towards a circular business
- Experienced in leading complex projects with multiple stakeholders at different knowledge and ambition levels
- Comfortable leading presentations and facilitating workshops at all levels
What you’ll do
- Develop circular methodologies, techniques, and strategic frameworks that are scientiﬁcally rigorous while bridging theoretical/academic views and real-world challenges
- Set up, lead and deliver 6-figure projects across multiple industries
- Assess the environmental, economic, and social impact of products and services throughout the full life cycle
- Identify interventions tailored to diverse business contexts on product and service level, business models and value networks
- Diagnose issues in achieving circularity and develop compelling business cases that can facilitate private sector investments for improving sustainable circularity
- Identify relevant programs and entities in private or public domains and establish strategic partnerships in the US for client projects and in-house programs
Experience and Qualifications
- 6+ years of work experience in strategic sustainability or system innovation projects in a business context
- Degree in Business Sustainability Management, Environmental Science, Sustainability and Energy Management, or related field
- Proven multi-stakeholder engagement and project management experience
- Extensive knowledge in circular economy concepts, circular business models, material resource efficiency, and waste management in commercial and industrial production systems
- Proven experience with qualitative analysis, research, and business case development
- Any consulting experience with companies in the technology, building, consumer, and healthcare sectors or regulatory experience is a huge plus
- Proficiency in English (German would be a plus)
- A valid US work permit is mandatory
What to expect in our New York Office
- International and passionate colleagues working together in a creative environment
- A cool office space at Newlab in Brookyln: once a naval machine shop that is now an 84,000 square foot center for applied innovation with access to full prototyping lab and entrepreneurial ecosystem
- High-end IT equipment of your choice and individual training budget
- 401(k) plan with company matching component
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Commuting benefits
- Complementary barista coffee and fresh fruit
Minimum Salary: USD $95,000/Yr. Maximum Salary: USD $145,000/Yr.
Salary Note: The compensation information listed is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City law requiring employers to include salary information in job postings for positions within the city. It is estimated based on what a successful New York City applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will perform the position at least in part in New York City. Similar positions located outside of New York City will not necessarily receive the same compensation.
We are one but not the same.
At Indeed Innovation we give all our colleagues the opportunity to bring their whole selves to work and we strive for an environment where everyone feels included, respected, and empowered. Indeed Innovation is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
We welcome your difference and actively seek applications from underrepresented groups.
Indeed Innovation, a multicultural team of designers, engineers, and strategists helps fortune 500 companies, SMEs, public institutions, and startups to innovate for the circular economy. As an ecological-minded group of thinkers & doers, we recode innovation to improve the behavior of individuals and businesses for a sustainable future.
People & Culture