Indeed Innovation is looking for a Circular Designer (f/m/d). We welcome creative and ambitious minds who want to be part of our journey to create innovations that go beyond human-focused values and offer planet-centric interventions.
As a Circular Designer (f/m/d) at Indeed you will be focusing on the strategy-driven process for designing sustainable circular products, services, and business models. You will be a part of our interdisciplinary teams of designers, engineers, and strategists who aim to bring sustainable circularity into the innovation process.
Who you are
- You are passionate about transitioning to the circular economy and keen to participate in bringing circular solutions to the industry
- You are a systems thinker who views the big picture, the long-term impacts, and the system in all of its complexities beyond the final product or service
- You demonstrate in-depth knowledge in design research and are good at investigating the entire life cycle of a product and/or services to understand the systemic effect of circular design interventions
- You are knowledgeable about circular assessment and design methods and strategic approaches for extending and closing resource loops
- You seek new design possibilities through considering economic, social, and environmental opportunities that drive transformational change
- You can contribute to inclusive design practices by considering a range of human diversity and different perspectives
- You communicate effectively and are open-minded for cross-functional collaboration and problem-solving
- You are a proficient learner interested in all aspects of circular design and willing to learn the evolving design methods and tools by active doing
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Sustainability, Circular Design, Sustainable Design, Ecodesign, Social Design, Social Service Design, or related disciplines
- 3+ years of experience in sustainable and/or circular design and a good knowledge of full design process and product development
- Strong sketching skills, both physically and digitally (e.g., SketchBook, Procreate)
- Savvy with all relevant design tools, such as SolidWorks/Rhino, KeyShot, Adobe CC (specifically PS, AI, ID)
- Passionate about hands-on prototyping from physical cardboard and wire mock-ups to functional 3D printed prototypes
- Good understanding of sustainable sourcing, circular materials and manufacturing methods
- Good knowledge of Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Recycling
- Able to create compelling narratives to engage clients and other stakeholders
- Able to work in multidisciplinary and multicultural design teams and be flexible
- Knowledge about eco-design principles such as biomimicry and cradle-to-cradle is a plus
- Project experience with Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is a huge plus
- Proficiency in English (German would be a plus), a valid EU work permit is mandatory
What you’ll do
- Design compelling circular products and services that bring long-term benefits by applying circular design principles and strategies
- Research the needs of all stakeholders and beings involved and affected in the ecosystem rather than the end-use.
- Investigate circular design tools and methods that help design for recovery and recycling, extend use cycles, etc.
- Assess the environmental, economic, and social impact of products and services throughout the full life cycle
- Identify new circular innovation opportunities within the direct industry as well as the society where a business can bring relevant product and service developments
- Show new and emerging circular design approaches and promote best practices to help grow colleagues with circular design skills
- Bring fresh ideas to support the strategic design process and decision making
What to expect in our Hamburg Office
- An inspiring work environment located in the heart of Hamburg, one of Germany’s most lovable cities
- International and warm-hearted colleagues paired with an open project team structure and more team spirit than hierarchies
- High-end IT equipment of your choice, free German courses, individual training budget and unlimited books
- Company sponsored pension scheme and a company bike
- Obligatory barista coffee, fresh fruit and yoga classes
We are one but not the same.
At Indeed Innovation we give all our colleagues the opportunity to bring their whole selves to work and we strive for an environment where everyone feels included, respected, and empowered. Indeed Innovation is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
We welcome your difference and actively seek applications from underrepresented groups.
Indeed Innovation, a multicultural team of designers, engineers, and strategists helps fortune 500 companies, SMEs, public institutions, and startups to innovate for the circular economy. As an ecological-minded group of thinkers & doers, we recode innovation to improve the behavior of individuals and businesses for a sustainable future.
People & Culture